HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-460-0005  <<  388-460-0010 >>   388-460-0015

PDFWAC 388-460-0010

Do I have an authorized representative for basic food if I live in a treatment center or group home?

(1) If you live in a qualified developmental disabilities administration (DDA) group home under WAC 388-408-0040, you may choose to apply for basic food benefits:
(a) On your own behalf;
(b) Through an authorized representative of your choice; or
(c) Through the DDA group home acting as your authorized representative.
(2) If you live in a qualified drug and alcohol treatment center under WAC 388-408-0040, a designated treatment center employee must apply for your basic food benefits, and the center will act as your authorized representative.
(3) When the qualified drug and alcohol treatment facility or qualified DDA group home is your authorized representative, it must:
(a) Be aware of your circumstances;
(b) Notify the department of any changes in your income, resources, or circumstances within ten days of the change;
(c) Use your basic food benefits for meals served to you; and
(d) Give you a change in circumstances report form, when the center or group home learns you plan to leave, and advise you to report any changes as required under WAC 388-418-0005 to the department within ten days of the date of change.
(4) When a center or group home is an authorized representative for residents, the facility accepts responsibility for:
(a) Any misrepresentation or intentional program violation; and
(b) Liability for basic food benefits held at the facility on behalf of residents.
(5) When you leave a facility and the center or group home is your authorized representative, it must:
(a) Either:
(i) Return to you a prorated amount of your basic food allotment for that month based on the number of days remaining in the month; or
(ii) Notify the department, within five days of your departure, that the facility is unable to refund your prorated share;
(b) Notify the department of your change in address, new address if available, and that the facility is no longer your authorized representative; and
(c) Provide you with your electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card within five days of leaving the facility if the facility was in possession of the card; or
(d) Return your EBT card to the department within five days if they are unable to provide it to you.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.500, 74.04.510, 74.08A.120 and 7 C.F.R. 273.11 (e) and (f). WSR 19-03-037, § 388-460-0010, filed 1/7/19, effective 2/7/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.500, 74.04.510, and 74.08A.120. WSR 15-16-022, § 388-460-0010, filed 7/24/15, effective 8/24/15. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510. WSR 03-22-038, § 388-460-0010, filed 10/28/03, effective 12/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.510, 74.08.090, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and S. 825, Public Law 104-193, Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996. WSR 99-02-039, § 388-460-0010, filed 12/31/98, effective 1/31/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. WSR 98-16-044, § 388-460-0010, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group