Department to administer certain public assistance programs — Authority to administer medical services programs.
(1) The department is designated as the single state agency to administer the following public assistance programs:
(a) Temporary assistance to [for] needy families;
(b) Child welfare services; and
(c) Any other programs of public assistance for which provision for federal grants or funds may from time to time be made, except as otherwise provided by law.
(2) The authority is hereby designated as the single state agency to administer the medical services programs established under chapter 74.09 RCW, including the state children's health insurance program, Titles XIX and XXI of the federal social security act of 1935, as amended.
(3) The department and the authority are hereby empowered and authorized to cooperate in the administration of such federal laws, consistent with the public assistance laws of this state, as may be necessary to qualify for federal funds.
(4) The state hereby accepts and assents to all the present provisions of the federal law under which federal grants or funds, goods, commodities, and services are extended to the state for the support of programs referenced in this section, and to such additional legislation as may subsequently be enacted as is not inconsistent with the purposes of this title, authorizing public welfare and assistance activities. The provisions of this title shall be so administered as to conform with federal requirements with respect to eligibility for the receipt of federal grants or funds.
(5) The department and the authority shall periodically make application for federal grants or funds and submit such plans, reports and data, as are required by any act of congress as a condition precedent to the receipt of federal funds for such assistance. The department and the authority shall make and enforce such rules and regulations as shall be necessary to insure compliance with the terms and conditions of such federal grants or funds.
[2011 1st sp.s. c 15 § 64; 1981 1st ex.s. c 6 § 3; 1981 c 8 § 3; 1963 c 228 § 3; 1959 c 26 § 74.04.050. Prior: 1955 c 273 § 21; 1953 c 174 § 6; 1939 c 216 § 6; RRS § 10007-106a.]
| Effective date -- Findings -- Intent -- Report -- Agency transfer -- References to head of health care authority -- Draft legislation -- 2011 1st sp.s. c 15: See notes following RCW 74.09.010.|
Effective date -- Severability -- 1981 1st ex.s. c 6: See notes following RCW 74.04.005.