HTML has links - PDF has Authentication

PDFWAC 388-490-0005

The department requires proof before authorizing benefits for cash and Basic Food.

This rule applies to cash and Basic Food.
(1) When you first apply for benefits, the department may require you to provide proof of things that help us decide if you are eligible for benefits. This is also called "verification." The types of things that need to be proven are different for each program.
(2) After that, we will ask you to give us proof when:
(a) You report a change;
(b) We find out that your circumstances have changed; or
(c) The information we have is questionable, confusing, or outdated.
(3) Whenever we ask for proof, we will give you a notice as described in WAC 388-458-0020.
(4) You must give us the proof within the time limits described in:
(a) WAC 388-406-0030 if you are applying for benefits; and
(b) WAC 388-458-0020 if you currently receive benefits.
(5) We will accept any proof that you can easily get when it reasonably supports your statement or circumstances. The proof you give to us must:
(a) Clearly relate to what you are trying to prove;
(b) Be from a reliable source; and
(c) Be accurate, complete, and consistent.
(6) We cannot make you give us a specific type or form of proof.
(7) If the only type of proof that you can get costs money, we will pay for it.
(8) If the proof that you give to us is questionable or confusing, we may:
(a) Ask you to give us more proof, which may include providing a collateral statement. A "collateral statement" is from someone outside of your residence who knows your situation;
(b) Schedule a visit to come to your home and verify your circumstances; or
(c) Send an investigator from the Division of Fraud Investigations (DFI) to make an unannounced visit to your home to verify your circumstances.
(9) By signing the application, eligibility review, or change of circumstances form, you give us permission to contact other people, agencies, or institutions.
(10) If you do not give us all of the proof that we have asked for, and we have not granted you an extension to give us the rest of the information we need as described in WAC 388-406-0030, we will determine if you are eligible based on the information that we already have. If we cannot determine that you are eligible based on this information, we will deny or stop your benefits.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.04.510, and 2011 1st sp.s. c 15. WSR 13-18-005, § 388-490-0005, filed 8/22/13, effective 10/1/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, 74.04.500, 74.08.090, and 7 C.F.R. § 273.2. WSR 11-02-072, § 388-490-0005, filed 1/5/11, effective 2/5/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.057, 74.08.090, and 74.09.530. WSR 09-02-057, § 388-490-0005, filed 1/5/09, effective 2/5/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.057, 74.08.090, 74.09.530, and Public Law 109-171, Section 6036. WSR 07-02-066, § 388-490-0005, filed 12/29/06, effective 1/29/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, and 74.04.510. WSR 03-21-029, § 388-490-0005, filed 10/7/03, effective 11/1/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090 and 74.04.510. WSR 00-08-091, § 388-490-0005, filed 4/5/00, effective 5/6/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. WSR 98-16-044, § 388-490-0005, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98. Formerly WAC 388-504-0460.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group