HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
246-217-010  <<  246-217-015 >>   246-217-025

PDFWAC 246-217-015


(1) All food service workers must obtain a food worker card within fourteen calendar days from the beginning of employment at a food service establishment, except as provided in subsection (4) of this section.
(2) In the case of temporary food service establishments, at a minimum the operator or person in charge each shift or during hours of operation must have a valid food worker card obtained prior to the event.
(3) Employers at any food service establishment (permanent or temporary) must provide information or training regarding pertinent safe food handling practices to food service workers prior to beginning food handling duties if the worker does not hold a valid food worker card. Documentation that the information or training has been provided to the individual must be kept on file by the employer and be available for inspection by the health officer at all times.
(4) A food service worker in an adult family home, as defined in RCW 70.128.010, is exempt from possessing a food worker card, if the worker:
(a) Began working in an adult family home after June 30, 2005, has successfully completed basic or modified-basic caregiver training, and has documentation of receiving information or training regarding safe food handling practices from his or her employer prior to providing food handling or service for clients of the adult family home; or
(b) Held a valid food worker card prior to June 30, 2005, and obtained 0.5 hours of continuing education in food handling safety per year since June 30, 2005.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050. WSR 06-05-008, § 246-217-015, filed 2/2/06, effective 3/5/06; WSR 99-13-019, § 246-217-015, filed 6/7/99, effective 7/8/99.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group