HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
392-194-001  <<  392-194-002 >>   End of Chapter

PDFWAC 392-194-002

Fee for processing initial educator certificate applications and subsequent actions.

Effective October 1, 2011, the superintendent of public instruction will charge a nonrefundable fee of thirty-nine dollars for processing any certificate application or requests for administrative action which results in the issuance, renewal or reissuance of a permit or certificate pursuant to RCW 28A.410.010, 28A.410.025, 28A.410.210, and chapters 181-85 and 181-77 WAC; for issuance of a letter authorizing internship/student teaching pursuant to WAC 181-78A-130; and any subsequent action upon any certificate or permit referred to within this chapter. Educator certificates governed under this chapter include:
(1) Teacher. The teacher certificate, including teacher exchange permits as provided in WAC 181-79A-140, authorizes service as a classroom teacher.
(2) Career and technical. The career and technical education certificate authorizes service in career and technical education programs in accordance with the provisions of chapter 181-77 WAC.
(3) First people's language/culture. The first peoples' language, culture, and oral tribal traditions teacher certificate authorizes service as defined under WAC 181-78A-700(8).
(4) Administrator.
(5) Educational staff associate. The educational staff associate certificate authorizes service in the roles of school speech pathologists or audiologists, school counselors, school nurses, school occupational therapists, school physical therapists, school psychologists, and school social workers: Provided, That nothing within chapter 181-79A WAC authorizes professional practice by an educational staff associate which is otherwise prohibited or restricted by any other law, including licensure statutes and rules and regulations promulgated by the appropriate licensure board or agency.
(6) Limited certificates. The following limited certificates are issued to individuals under specific circumstances set forth in WAC 181-79A-231:
(a) Conditional certificate.
(b) Substitute certificate.
(c) Emergency certificate.
(d) Emergency substitute certificate.
(e) Nonimmigrant alien exchange teacher.
(f) Intern substitute teacher certificate.
(g) Transitional certificate.
(h) Provisional alternative administrative certificate.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.410.062. WSR 15-16-077, § 392-194-002, filed 7/31/15, effective 8/31/15. Statutory Authority: 2011 c 50 and 2011 c 23. WSR 12-03-065, § 392-194-002, filed 1/12/12, effective 2/12/12.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group