HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-76-10210  <<  388-76-10215 >>   388-76-10220

PDFWAC 388-76-10215

Resident funds—Protection, liquidation or transfer.

(1) The adult family home must meet the requirements of RCW 70.129.040 to protect any funds the resident may have deposited with the adult family home.
(2) If a deceased resident had some of his or her adult family home care paid for by the department, then the home must:
(a) Send the final accounting and funds payable to:
Secretary, Department of Social and Health Services
Office of Financial Recovery
Estate Recovery Unit
(b) Include with the final accounting required in subsection (2)(a) of this section:
(i) The deceased resident's name; and
(ii) The deceased resident's Social Security number.
(3) When a resident is missing from the home, in addition to other licensing requirements, the home must make a reasonable effort to find the missing resident before transferring resident funds to the department of revenue as per subsection (4) of this section.
(4) The adult family home must notify the department of revenue of abandoned property when:
(a) A resident is missing from the home for more than ninety days; and
(b) The missing resident:
(i) Gave money to the home to manage or for safekeeping;
(ii) Does not have a legal guardian;
(iii) Did not appoint a power of attorney to handle his or her financial affairs;
(iv) Did not name a family member to act on the resident's behalf; and
(v) Did not have his or her care paid for by the department.
(5) The home must send any money received from the missing resident, to the department of revenue:
(a) According to chapter 63.29 RCW;
(b) Within twenty days of notifying the department of revenue per subsection (2) of this section.
(6) Before the adult family home changes its owner, the home must:
(a) Give each resident a written statement that accounts for any personal funds held by the home;
(b) Give the prospective adult family home owner a written statement that accounts for all of the residents' funds that home will transfer to the new adult family home owner; and
(c) Get a written receipt of the transferred residents' funds from the new adult family home owner.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.128.040 and chapters 70.128 and 74.34 RCW. WSR 07-21-080, § 388-76-10215, filed 10/16/07, effective 1/1/08.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group