HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-14A-2005  <<  388-14A-2010 >>   388-14A-2015

PDFWAC 388-14A-2010

Can I apply for support enforcement services if I do not receive public assistance?

(1) If you are not receiving public assistance, you can apply for support enforcement services. Your case is called a nonassistance case. A nonassistance case receives the same level of services as a case that was opened because of the payment of public assistance.
(2) Generally, the person applying for nonassistance support enforcement services is the custodial parent or former custodial parent of a child. However, the noncustodial parent may apply for services as well, as provided in WAC 388-14A-2000 (2)(b), (c) and (f).
(3) A person wishing to apply for nonassistance support enforcement services must submit a written application for support enforcement services except as provided in WAC 388-14A-2000 (2)(d); and
(a) Have or have had physical custody of the child for whom support is sought, or for whom a support debt has accrued, or be the person with whom the child resided the majority of the time for which support is sought; or
(b) Be the noncustodial parent.
(4) The applicant must:
(a) Give consent for the division of child support (DCS) to take an assignment of earnings from the noncustodial parent (NCP) if the parents are still married;
(b) Agree to send to DCS any support payments received directly from the NCP within eight days of receipt;
(c) Agree to direct a payor or forwarding agent to make payments to the Washington state support registry (WSSR);
(d) Agree not to hire an attorney or collection agency, or apply to any other state's IV-D agency to collect the same support obligation or support debt, without notifying DCS;
(e) Complete, sign, date and submit to DCS the application form and any other required documents;
(f) Supply copies of divorce and dissolution decrees, support orders and modification orders, and any related documents affecting a support obligation;
(g) Provide a statement of the amount of support debt owed by the NCP;
(h) Include or attach a list, by date, of the support payments received from the NCP during the time period for which the CP seeks support; and
(i) Pay any applicable fee imposed by state or federal law.
(5) If someone other than the CP has legal custody of the child under a court order, the CP must affirm that:
(a) The CP has not wrongfully deprived the legal custodian of custody; and
(b) The person with legal custody has not been excused from making support payments by a court or administrative tribunal.
(6) See WAC 388-14A-2015 regarding requests for intergovernmental child support services received from a foreign reciprocating country (FRC) or from a custodial parent who is a resident of an FRC.
(7) See WAC 388-14A-7660 regarding the assessment of costs in an intergovernmental case where the initiating jurisdiction is an FRC.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.23.120, 34.05.350 (1)(b), 43.20A.550, 74.04.055, 74.08.090, 74.20.040(9), 74.20A.310 and 45 C.F.R. Parts 301.1, 302.36, 303.7, 303.11, 305.63, and 308.2. WSR 13-01-075, § 388-14A-2010, filed 12/18/12, effective 1/18/13. Statutory Authority: 2007 c 143, §§ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. WSR 08-12-029, § 388-14A-2010, filed 5/29/08, effective 7/1/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090. WSR 01-03-089, § 388-14A-2010, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01. Formerly WAC 388-14-310.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group