HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-14A-2010  <<  388-14A-2015 >>   388-14A-2020

PDFWAC 388-14A-2015

Does DCS accept an application from someone who is not a resident of Washington state?

(1) If you are not a resident of the state of Washington but you are applying for services, you must swear or affirm that there is not an open IV-D case in another state.
(2) The division of child support (DCS) may decline the application for nonassistance support enforcement services if:
(a) DCS already has an open case for you which was opened at the request of another state; or
(b) Neither the custodial parent nor the noncustodial parent reside, work, or own any assets in the state of Washington.
(3) If you are a custodial parent residing in a foreign reciprocating country (FRC), either you or the child support agency of your country may request intergovernmental child support services from DCS. As provided under 42 U.S.C. 654 (32)(C):
(a) No formal application for services is required; and
(b) DCS does not assess costs against either the FRC or the custodial parent.
(4) See WAC 388-14A-7660 regarding costs assessed against the noncustodial parent in an intergovernmental case where the initiating jurisdiction is an FRC.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.23.120, 34.05.350 (1)(b), 43.20A.550, 74.04.055, 74.08.090, 74.20.040(9), 74.20A.310 and 45 C.F.R. Parts 301.1, 302.36, 303.7, 303.11, 305.63, and 308.2. WSR 13-01-075, § 388-14A-2015, filed 12/18/12, effective 1/18/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090. WSR 01-03-089, § 388-14A-2015, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01. Formerly WAC 388-14-310.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group