HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
296-14-6220  <<  296-14-6222 >>   296-14-6223

PDFWAC 296-14-6222

What is a residence modification consultant, and how are they involved in the process of residence modification?

When the worker has notified the department or self-insured employer of his or her intention to request a residence modification, the department or self-insured employer will require an on-site evaluation by a residence modification consultant.
A residence modification consultant must be either a licensed physical or occupational therapist, or licensed nurse, and must be trained or experienced in both rehabilitation of catastrophic injuries and in modifying residences. The department or self-insured employer will pay for the services of the residence modification consultant pursuant to department provider rules.
The residence modification consultant will assist the worker, the contractor and the worker's health providers to determine what modifications will be requested and submit a written report to the department or self-insured employer and the worker. If modifications are approved, the residence modification consultant may assist the worker and the contractor if requested by the department or self-insured employer.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 51.04.010, 51.04.020, 51.32.240, and 2005 c 411. WSR 06-06-065, ยง 296-14-6222, filed 2/28/06, effective 4/1/06.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group