HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
208-620-232  <<  208-620-234 >>   208-620-235

PDFWAC 208-620-234

Must a company that provides loan processing or underwriting services on residential mortgage loans be licensed under the Consumer Loan Act?

Yes. (1) The company must license at the company level and must employ at least one licensed mortgage loan originator. Loan processors and underwriters are subject to the individual licensing requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act, 12 C.F.R. Part 1008 (Regulation H) if not supervised by an individual licensed as a mortgage loan originator under S.A.F.E. A company level license is required to provide the sponsorship for the supervising licensed mortgage loan originator.
(2) Alternatively, the company may license under the Mortgage Broker Practices Act, chapter 19.146 RCW.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.320 RCW, RCW 31.04.165. WSR 16-08-026, § 208-620-234, filed 3/30/16, effective 4/30/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040 and 31.04.165. WSR 13-24-024, § 208-620-234, filed 11/22/13, effective 1/1/14.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group