HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
173-312-010  <<  173-312-020 >>   173-312-030

PDFWAC 173-312-020


"Cash expenditure" means any cash outlay by the recipient for project-eligible costs. Expenditures may include direct costs of goods and services; recipient salaries and benefits; overhead; and payments made to contractors.
"Conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG)" means a dangerous waste generator whose dangerous wastes are not subject to regulation under chapter 70.105 RCW, Hazardous waste management, solely because the waste is generated or accumulated in quantities below the threshold for regulation and meets the conditions prescribed in WAC 173-303-070 (8)(b).
"Coordination" means notification by the local government (with primary responsibility for maintaining the local solid waste plan) that financial assistance is available for solid and hazardous waste planning and implementation. Notification must be provided to local solid waste plan signatories and the local government that is required by chapter 70.105 RCW to adopt the local hazardous waste plan. Coordination also includes consultation between local governments where the partnering local government requests financial assistance through a primary responsible local government for the purposes of determining its project eligibility and a budget.
"Department" means the Washington state department of ecology.
"Disposal site" means a facility where final disposal of solid waste occurs, including a transfer station, but not a drop box facility.
"Eligible applicant" means a local government with primary responsibility for maintaining the department–approved local solid waste plan, or a partnering local government that complies with coordination requirements, or a jurisdictional health department authorized to adopt the local solid waste ordinance.
"Household hazardous waste (HHW)" means any waste that exhibits any of the properties of dangerous wastes and is exempt from regulation under chapter 70.105 RCW, Hazardous waste management, solely because the waste is generated by households. Household hazardous waste can also include other solid waste identified in the local hazardous waste management plan prepared pursuant to chapter 70.105 RCW, Hazardous waste management.
"Incineration" means a process of reducing the volume of solid waste by use of an enclosed device using controlled flame combustion, operating under federal and state environmental laws and rules.
"Independent city" means a city that has a department-approved local solid waste plan, used a solid waste advisory committee (SWAC) or a SWAC-like entity to develop the plan, and can provide for solid waste disposal sites wholly within its jurisdiction.
"In-kind interlocal" means in-kind contributions made to a project by another government under a valid written agreement between the recipient and the other government that details the work to be accomplished, the goods and services to be provided, and the value thereof. If the recipient reimburses another governmental entity for any portion of its contributions, the amount paid to the other entity is not an interlocal cost. It is a cash expenditure on the part of the recipient. Only the nonreimbursed portion of the other governmental entity's contributions is an interlocal cost.
"Jurisdiction" means a particular geographic area containing a defined legal authority, such as the boundary lines of a county or city.
"Jurisdictional health department" means city, county, city-county, or district public health department.
"Landfill" means a disposal facility or part of a facility at which solid waste is permanently placed in or on land including facilities that use solid waste as a component of fill.
"Local contribution" means the required portion of project-eligible costs borne by the recipient as cash expenditures or in-kind interlocal.
"Local government" means any political subdivision, regional governmental unit, solid waste disposal district, municipal or public corporation, and includes cities, towns, and counties. The term encompasses but does not refer specifically to the departments within a city, town, or county.
"Local hazardous waste plan" means the plan to manage moderate-risk waste that a local government is required to prepare under RCW 70.105.220.
"Moderate risk waste (MRW)" means solid waste that is limited to conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG) waste, and household hazardous waste (HHW).
"Partnering local government" means a local government that does not have the primary responsibility for maintaining the local solid waste plan, and may become an eligible applicant for solid and hazardous waste planning and implementation financial assistance through coordination with a primary responsible local government.
"Population" means the most recent United States census data accepted by the department or official estimates provided by the state office of financial management.
"Recipient" means the applicant to which the funding is awarded and that is accountable for the use of the funds provided. The recipient is the entire legal entity even if only one component or department is designated in the agreement document.
"Recyclable materials" means those solid wastes separated for recycling or reuse, and are identified as recyclable material under a local solid waste plan.
"Recycling" means transforming or remanufacturing waste materials into usable or marketable materials for use other than landfill disposal or incineration or recycling as defined in chapter 173-350 WAC.
"Retroactive costs" means project-eligible costs incurred between the effective start date of the agreement and before the department signature date on the agreement.
"Solid waste" or "wastes" means all putrescible and nonputrescible solid and semisolid wastes including, but not limited to, garbage, rubbish, ashes, industrial wastes, swill, demolition and construction wastes, abandoned vehicles or parts thereof, and recyclable materials.
"Solid waste advisory committee (SWAC)" means the local committee as described in and required by RCW 70.95.165; and the SWAC-like entity required by the department for independent cities requesting financial assistance. The SWAC or SWAC-like entity must actively assist and participate in development of a new plan, and the development or maintenance of existing plans in order to meet financial assistance eligibility requirements under this chapter.
"Solid waste handling" means the management, storage, collection, transportation, treatment, use, processing or final disposal of solid wastes, including the recovery and recycling of materials from solid wastes, the recovery of energy resources from such wastes or the conversion of the energy in such wastes to more useful forms or combinations thereof.
"Total eligible cost" means an amount not to exceed the sum of the state assistance funding level plus the local contribution of twenty-five percent.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.95.130, 70.95.220, 70.105.235, 70.105D.030, 70.105D.070. WSR 17-19-021 (Order 15-15), § 173-312-020, filed 9/8/17, effective 10/9/17. Statutory Authority: Chapters 70.105D and 43.21 RCW. WSR 02-05-070 (Order 01-11), § 173-312-020, filed 2/19/02, effective 3/22/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.105D.070(3). WSR 00-19-016 (Order 00-19), § 173-312-020, filed 9/8/00, effective 10/9/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21A.080. WSR 91-11-090 (Order 90-65), § 173-312-020, filed 5/21/91, effective 6/21/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21A.080 and chapter 70.105D RCW. WSR 90-18-064 (Order 90-17), § 173-312-020, filed 9/4/90, effective 10/5/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.105B.220 and 70.95.220. WSR 88-17-001 (Order 88-26), § 173-312-020, filed 8/4/88.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group