HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
173-165-040  <<  173-165-050 >>   173-165-060

PDFWAC 173-165-050

Minimum qualifications for CWRE certification.

(1) To be a certified water right examiner, you must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
(a) Licensed in Washington state as a:
(i) Professional engineer;
(ii) Professional land surveyor; or
(iii) Hydrogeologist.
(b) A qualified water conservancy board commissioner, as defined in WAC 173-165-020; or
(c) Holding five years applicable experience as defined in subsection (2) of this section, including at least three years of experience defined in subsection (3) of this section.
(2) The five years of applicable work experience includes direct individual and practical experience related to one or more of the following:
(a) Conducting water right proof examinations in Washington or another state, or performing comparable work in evaluating the beneficial use of water.
(b) Preparing water right documents for use in the adjudication of water rights.
(c) Working in private industry evaluating water right applications and preparing reports of examination for cost recovery or cost reimbursement contracts.
(d) Evaluating state water right applications, conducting field investigations for water right permits, and preparing reports of examination.
(e) Preparing or reviewing records of decision for county conservancy boards.
(3) The five years of work experience must include at least three years of any one of the following:
(a) Evaluating new water right applications and/or applications for change or transfer of a water right to support permit and/or change authorization decision making.
(b) Conducting field investigations and preparing tentative determinations of water rights related to water use.
(c) Verifying beneficial use of water.
(d) Regulating water rights as a stream patrolman or watermaster (RCW 90.03.070) or watermaster assigned to regulate water use within federal reclamation projects.
(e) Conducting proof examinations for issuance of certificates of water rights.
(f) Other qualifying experience, substituted year for year, as determined by ecology.
(4) Qualified applicants must maintain at least one of their qualifications throughout the duration of the application and certification periods. (See WAC 173-165-030.)
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.03.665(11), 43.27A.090(11), and 43.21A.064(9). WSR 12-24-031 (Order 11-03), ยง 173-165-050, filed 11/28/12, effective 12/29/12.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group