HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
110-04-0150  <<  110-04-0160 >>   110-04-0170

PDFWAC 110-04-0160

What may I do if I disagree with the department's decision to deny me a license, certification, contract, or authorization based on the results of the background check?

(1) If you are seeking a license, or employment with a home or facility licensed by the children's administration, you may request an administrative hearing to dispute a denial of authorization for unsupervised access to children (chapter 34.05 RCW). You cannot contest the conviction or negative action in the administrative hearing.
(2) Prospective volunteers or interns, contractors or their employees, or those seeking certification do not have the right to appeal the department's decision to deny authorization for unsupervised access to children.
(3) The employer or prospective employer cannot contest the department's decision on your behalf.
(4) The administrative hearing will take place before an administrative law judge employed by the office of administrative hearings (chapter 34.05 RCW).
[WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-04-0160, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.43.832. WSR 15-03-071, § 388-06A-0230, filed 1/15/15, effective 2/15/15.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group