69.50.413  <<  69.50.414 >>   69.50.415

Sale or transfer of controlled substance to minorCause of action by parentDamages.

The parent or legal guardian of any minor to whom a controlled substance, as defined in RCW 69.50.101, is sold or transferred, shall have a cause of action against the person who sold or transferred the controlled substance for all damages to the minor or his or her parent or legal guardian caused by such sale or transfer. Damages shall include: (a) [(1)] Actual damages, including the cost for treatment or rehabilitation of the minor child's drug dependency, (b) [(2)] forfeiture to the parent or legal guardian of the cash value of any proceeds received from such sale or transfer of a controlled substance, and (c) [(3)] reasonable attorney fees.
This section shall not apply to a practitioner, as defined in RCW 69.50.101, who sells or transfers a controlled substance to a minor pursuant to a valid prescription or order.


Explanatory statement2020 c 18: See note following RCW 43.79A.040.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group