69.50.336  <<  69.50.339 >>   69.50.342

Transfer of license to produce, process, or sell marijuanaReporting of proposed sales of outstanding or issued stock of a corporation.

(1) If the *state liquor control board approves, a license to produce, process, or sell marijuana may be transferred, without charge, to the surviving spouse or domestic partner of a deceased licensee if the license was issued in the names of one or both of the parties. For the purpose of considering the qualifications of the surviving party to receive a marijuana producer's, marijuana processor's, or marijuana retailer's license, the *state liquor control board may require a criminal history record information check. The *state liquor control board may submit the criminal history record information check to the Washington state patrol and to the identification division of the federal bureau of investigation in order that these agencies may search their records for prior arrests and convictions of the individual or individuals who filled out the forms. The *state liquor control board shall require fingerprinting of any applicant whose criminal history record information check is submitted to the federal bureau of investigation.
(2) The proposed sale of more than ten percent of the outstanding or issued stock of a corporation licensed under chapter 3, Laws of 2013, or any proposed change in the officers of such a corporation, must be reported to the *state liquor control board, and *state liquor control board approval must be obtained before the changes are made. A fee of seventy-five dollars will be charged for the processing of the change of stock ownership or corporate officers.
[ 2013 c 3 § 8 (Initiative Measure No. 502, approved November 6, 2012).]


*Reviser's note: The "state liquor control board" was renamed the "state liquor and cannabis board" by 2015 c 70 § 3.
Intent2013 c 3 (Initiative Measure No. 502): See note following RCW 69.50.101.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group