11.130.655  <<  11.130.657 >>   11.130.660

Notification of petition for guardianship or conservatorship.

This form must be used to notify an adult respondent of the respondent's rights that could be restricted if a guardianship petition under RCW 11.130.270 or a conservatorship petition under RCW 11.130.365 is granted.
A petition to have a guardian or conservator appointed for you has been filed in the . . . county superior court by . . .. If a guardian or conservator is appointed, you could lose one or more of the following rights:
(1) To marry, divorce, or enter into or end a state registered domestic partnership;
(2) To vote or hold an elected office;
(3) To enter into a contract or make or revoke a will;
(4) To appoint someone to act on your behalf;
(5) To sue and be sued other than through a guardian;
(6) To possess a license to drive;
(7) To buy, sell, own, mortgage, or lease property;
(8) To consent to or refuse medical treatment;
(9) To decide who shall provide care and assistance;
(10) To make decisions regarding social aspects of your life.
Under the law, you have certain rights.
You have the right to be represented by a lawyer of your own choosing. The court will appoint a lawyer to represent you if you are unable to pay or payment would result in a substantial hardship to you.
You have the right to ask for a jury trial on the issue of capacity.
You have the right to be present in court and testify when the hearing is held to decide whether or not you need a guardian or conservator. If a court visitor is appointed, you have the right to request the court to replace that person.
You have the right to ask the court to establish a protective arrangement instead of a guardianship or conservatorship.


Effective dates2020 c 312: See note following RCW 11.130.915.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group