HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
415-112-505  <<  415-112-507 >>   415-112-509

PDFWAC 415-112-507

How do I apply for TRS retirement benefits?

You should apply for retirement benefits at least thirty days before your intended retirement date. You can apply online at the department's website or by submitting to the department:
(1) A completed and signed retirement application, verified by a notarized signature or other means acceptable to the department, including:
(a) Your selection of one of the benefit options described in WAC 415-112-493.
(b) Designation of a survivor beneficiary if you selected a benefit option with a survivor feature.
(c) If you are married, your spouse's consent may be required as described in WAC 415-112-504 (Plan 1) or WAC 415-112-505 (Plan 2 or Plan 3).
(2) Evidence of your birth date, only if requested by the department, such as a photocopy of your birth certificate, passport or passport card, government-issued driver license or identification card, NEXUS card, naturalization certificate, certificate of armed services record U.S. DD-214, or other documentation acceptable to the department. If you are requested to submit evidence, the document you submit must include the month, day, and year of your birth.
(3) If you selected a benefit option with a survivor feature, acceptable evidence of your designated survivor beneficiary's birth date which includes the month, day, and year of birth.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050. WSR 20-13-065, § 415-112-507, filed 6/15/20, effective 7/16/20; WSR 20-06-040, § 415-112-507, filed 2/27/20, effective 3/29/20. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5). WSR 16-21-059, § 415-112-507, filed 10/14/16, effective 11/14/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5) and chapter 41.32 RCW. WSR 05-12-108, § 415-112-507, filed 5/27/05, effective 6/27/05.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group