HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
415-112-4609  <<  415-112-471 >>   415-112-473

PDFWAC 415-112-471

Is compensation reported for legislative leave?

If you take a leave without pay to serve in the legislature, you are entitled to service and earnable compensation credit according to this section.
(1) Plan 1. The salary you would have earned in the position from which you took leave of absence is earnable compensation if you serve at least five years in the legislature. Employer contributions are not required on this imputed payment. Employee contributions are required.
(2) Plans 2 and 3. You may choose between:
(a) The earnable compensation you would have earned had you not served in the legislature; or
(b) The actual earnable compensation received for service plus the legislative earnable compensation.
If you select option (a), you are responsible for paying the additional employer and employee contributions to the extent the earnable compensation reported is higher than it would have been under (b) of this subsection.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050(5) and 41.32.010(10). WSR 05-12-108, § 415-112-471, filed 5/27/05, effective 6/27/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.50.050. WSR 00-10-015, § 415-112-471, filed 4/21/00, effective 5/22/00; WSR 97-03-016, § 415-112-471, filed 1/6/97, effective 2/6/97.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group