HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-891A-1194  <<  388-891A-1195 >>   388-891A-1196

PDFWAC 388-891A-1195

When may DVR pay for nonpermanent modifications where I live or at my place of self-employment?

DVR pays for nonpermanent modifications where you live or at the place of your self-employment if:
(1) You meet the conditions outlined in WAC 388-891A-1100;
(2) The DVR counselor determines that the modifications are the most effective solution for accessibility where you live or at your place of self-employment, or for the operation of your self-employment business;
(3) Nonpermanent modifications to the property contribute to participating in your individualized plan for employment to achieve an employment outcome or to maintain or advance in employment;
(4) You provide proof of current property ownership with up-to-date mortgage payments and property insurance, or if you are not the legal owner of the property, you and the DVR counselor determine whether the property owner is able and willing to pay for the modification(s) and:
(a) If the property owner is willing and able to pay for modification(s), DVR does not pay for them.
(b) If the property owner is not willing or able to pay for the modification(s), but agrees to the property modification, you provide DVR with the following from the property owner:
(i) Written consent for the modification(s);
(ii) Proof of current property insurance; and
(iii) If you are renting, a statement to verify that you have a lease or rental agreement and there is no reason to believe that it will be terminated prematurely; and
(5) All nonpermanent modifications must be completed by a licensed, insured, and bonded professional.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.29.020(8) and 34 C.F.R., Parts 361, 363, 397. WSR 18-12-035, ยง 388-891A-1195, filed 5/29/18, effective 6/30/18.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group