HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-891A-1150  <<  388-891A-1155 >>   388-891A-1156

PDFWAC 388-891A-1155

When does DVR pay for occupational or vocational training?

DVR pays for occupational or vocational training if you meet the conditions for DVR to pay for a VR service as outlined in WAC 388-891A-1100 and the following additional conditions:
(1) You require training services to achieve the employment outcome identified on your IPE;
(2) If the training agency or provider is eligible for federal financial aid, you and your DVR counselor have made maximum efforts to get and use available need-based gift aid, including Pell or state need grants, from other sources to pay for costs related to attendance; and
(3) The training agency or provider that you have chosen is licensed by the workforce training education coordinating board (WTECB) in the state of Washington as follows:
(a) The DVR counselor confirms the licensure status of an occupational or vocational training agency by verifying that status with the WTECB list of private career schools; and
(b) If you require training from an agency or provider that is not included on the WTECB list of private career schools, you may request an exception to subsection (3)(a) of this section as described in WAC 388-891A-0205.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.29.020(8) and 34 C.F.R., Parts 361, 363, 397. WSR 18-12-035, ยง 388-891A-1155, filed 5/29/18, effective 6/30/18.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group