HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
332-52-420  <<  332-52-500 >>   332-52-600

PDFWAC 332-52-500

Specific rules for Milwaukee Road Corridor only.

(1) What is the purpose of these rules? The purpose of this section is to set site-specific standards for public use on the Milwaukee Road Corridor managed by the department. These rules promote public safety and protect department-managed lands, property, and resources. Unless otherwise inconsistent with the site-specific rules listed in this section, all other rules of chapter 332-52 WAC apply.
(2) What portions of the Milwaukee Road Corridor do these rules apply to? These rules apply to those portions of Milwaukee Road Corridor of the state of Washington administered by the department from the west bank of the Columbia River east to the westernmost crossing of Highway 21 and the corridor near the town of Lind, Washington.
(3) Are recreation permits required for activities on the corridor? Persons are required to obtain and possess recreation permits for all activities on the corridor.
(4) How do I obtain a recreation permit? Persons must contact the department's southeast region office in Ellensburg during business hours prior to the proposed activity to request a recreation permit application. The completed recreation permit application must be submitted via fax, email, mail, or in person to the region office during business hours at least fifteen days prior to the proposed activity.
(5) How are recreation permit applications processed? The region will process recreation permit applications in order of their arrival.
(6) Is the department required to issue a recreation permit?
(a) The region may approve or deny the application for a recreation permit.
(b) The region will notify the applicant in writing if the permit application is approved or denied.
(7) If the permit application is approved, when will the permit be issued? If approved, the region will issue the permit within five days of receipt of the permit application.
(8) How do I cancel a permit? Persons must notify the region office of the cancellation within seventy-two hours prior to the activity.
(9) How long will the permit be valid? The permit will be valid for not more than one calendar year over the approved route identified in the recreation permit.
(10) Will there be a fee for the permit? A fee may be required based on the costs of processing the application including contacting adjacent landowners when required.
(11) When is the corridor open for use? The corridor is open for use year-round. The corridor may be temporarily closed to reduce fire danger or protect public safety.
(12) Can I have campfires on the corridor? No. Persons shall not ignite fires of any type on the corridor.
(13) When using the corridor, what are my responsibilities to adjacent property owners?
(a) Persons, or their animals, shall not enter onto adjoining property from the corridor without permission of the landowner.
(b) Persons shall leave gates in the condition in which they are found.
(14) Are firearms permitted on the corridor? Persons shall not possess shotguns or rifles on the corridor. Other firearms must be stowed and not loaded while on the corridor.
(15) Where is hunting or target shooting allowed on the corridor? Persons shall not hunt, discharge firearms, tracer or incendiary ammunition or projectile devices, target shoot, or discharge any device capable of killing any animal or person, or damaging or destroying public or private property within, from, along, across, or down the corridor managed by the department, except where portions of the corridor are leased by or covered by an agreement with another public agency which owns or controls adjoining property.
(16) Will adjacent landowners be notified of permits issued for use of the corridor adjacent to their property?
(a) If requested by adjacent landowners, the department will notify them of permits issued for use of the corridor adjacent to their property.
(b) For portions of the corridor where abutting landowners have not asked to be notified about permits and no gates have been built, the department may issue a day-use permit without the fifteen-day advance application requirement. The day-use must be confined to the portions of the corridor described in this subsection. Maps of these day-use areas are available at the southeast region office in Ellensburg.
(17) Any violation of this section is an infraction under chapter 7.84 RCW except a violation of subsection (15) of this section is a misdemeanor.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.30 RCW and RCW 43.12.065. WSR 09-05-034, ยง 332-52-500, filed 2/11/09, effective 3/14/09.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group