HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
308-96A-048  <<  308-96A-050 >>   308-96A-056

PDFWAC 308-96A-050

Nonresident members of the armed forcesPlates displayed.

(1) What license plates must be displayed on a vehicle registered to a nonresident military person assigned to duty in Washington? Nonresident military personnel assigned to duty in Washington may display on their vehicle either:
(a) License plates issued from their official home of record (state of bona fide residence); or
(b) License plates issued from a foreign jurisdiction other than their official home of record until such time as that license registration is expired; or
(c) Washington license plates.
After expiration of registration from a jurisdiction other than Washington you may maintain your registration in your home of record or obtain a Washington registration.
(2) How long may I drive in Washington using my USA or European USA Registration (EUSAR) registration and license plates after the vehicle returns to the United States from a foreign country? Military personnel are to reregister their vehicle within thirty days of return to the United States.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110, 46.16.335, 46.12.070, 46.16.276. WSR 02-16-071, § 308-96A-050, filed 8/6/02, effective 9/6/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110, 46.16.276 and 43.17.060. WSR 00-01-151, § 308-96A-050, filed 12/21/99, effective 1/21/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.16.135, 46.16.225, 46.16.490 and 46.01.110. WSR 86-10-040 (Order TL/RG 24), § 308-96A-050, filed 5/5/86; Order MV-355, § 308-96A-050, filed 5/10/76; Order MV-328, § 308-96A-050, filed 7/24/75.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group