HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
246-12-110  <<  246-12-120 >>   246-12-130

PDFWAC 246-12-120

How to obtain a retired active credential.

A practitioner may obtain a retired active status credential if authorized by the regulatory entity. Refer to the profession rules to determine if this status is available.
(1) To obtain a retired active credential the practitioner must submit a letter notifying the department of health of the intent to practice only on an intermittent or emergency basis.
(2) A practitioner may apply for a retired active credential (refer to RCW 18.130.250) if he or she meets the following criteria:
(a) Holds an active Washington state credential;
(b) Is in good standing; and either
(c) Will practice no more than ninety days each year in Washington state; or
(d) Will practice only in emergency circumstances such as earthquakes, floods, times of declared war or other states of emergency.
(3) The practitioner may obtain a retired active credential at any time the criteria in subsection (2) of this section are met. The fee for the initial retired active credential will be due when the active credential expires. Portions of the current renewal fee will not be prorated or refunded for the remaining active renewal cycle.
(4) The profession may define specific practice settings in which services may be provided. Refer to the laws and rules of the profession to determine if specific practice settings are identified.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.280. WSR 98-05-060, ยง 246-12-120, filed 2/13/98, effective 3/16/98.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group