HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
208-620-725  <<  208-620-730 >>   208-620-800

PDFWAC 208-620-730

Loan originator—Continuing education.

(1) How many clock hours of loan originator continuing education must I have each year? You must complete a minimum of eight hours of continuing education approved by the NMLS which must include at least three hours of federal law and regulations; two hours of ethics (which must include instruction on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues); and two hours of training related to lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product marketplace. Additionally, the director may require at least one hour of continuing education on Washington law provided by and administered through an approved provider.
(2) As a loan originator, may I take the same approved course multiple times to meet my annual continuing education requirement? No. You may not take the same approved course in the same or successive years to meet the annual requirements for continuing education.
(3) If I teach an approved continuing education course may I use my course as credit toward my annual loan originator continuing education requirement? Yes. As an instructor of an approved continuing education course, you may receive credit for your annually required loan originator continuing education courses from the course(s) you teach. You will receive credit at the rate of one course taught equaling two continuing education course credits.
(4) If I accumulate more than the required loan originator continuing education course credits during a year, may I carry-over the excess credit to the next year? No. Continuing education credits only apply to the year in which they are taken.
(5) If I fail to complete the required continuing education, what happens to my loan originator license? When your license expires, the department will not renew it, and you cannot continue conducting any business under the act. See WAC 208-620-710 to renew your license if you miss the December 31st renewal deadline.
(6) How will I know which courses and providers satisfy the continuing education requirement? NMLS will publish information about approved continuing education providers on their website.
(7) How do I provide the department with proof of the continuing education courses I have completed? The course provider will report your continuing education to the NMLS and DFI will have access to that information.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040 and 31.04.165. WSR 12-18-047, § 208-620-730, filed 8/29/12, effective 11/1/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.320.040, 31.04.165, 2009 c 120, and 2009 c 149. WSR 09-24-090, § 208-620-730, filed 12/1/09, effective 1/1/10.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group