HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
110-145-2060  <<  110-145-2065 >>   110-145-2070

PDFWAC 110-145-2065

What services must I provide for medically fragile children?

(1) Your licensed group home or staffed residential facility may also provide specialized care, to medically fragile children who need intensive personal care. The children may require skilled health care, physical therapy, or other forms of therapy.
(2) If you are serving this population as a specialty, you must ensure the following services are provided, if prescribed by a physician:
(a) An individualized treatment plan suited to the unique needs of each child in care;
(b) Care by physicians, including surgeons, general and family practitioners, and specialists in the child's particular diagnosis on either a referral, consultative, or ongoing treatment basis;
(c) Sufficient nursing staff to meet the nursing care needs of the children, including at least one registered nurse licensed by the state of Washington;
(d) Regular nursing consultation that includes at least one weekly on-site visit by a registered nurse, who initially assesses each child and updates the assessments as needed on subsequent visits. These assessments and updates must be documented. You must also keep records of the weekly on-site visits;
(e) Your nursing consultant must advise you and your staff on your infant care program, if applicable, and develop a written agreement with you about your child health program. The consultant must also advise and assist nonmedical staff at your facility in maintaining child health records, meeting daily health needs, and caring for children with minor illnesses and injuries;
(f) The nurse's name and telephone number must be posted or otherwise available in your home or facility;
(g) If you care for four or more infants, you must arrange for monthly on-site visits with a registered nurse that is trained or experienced in the care of young children; and
(h) If you care for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities requiring nursing services, you must have a registered nurse on staff or under contract.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. WSR 22-11-091, § 110-145-2065, filed 5/18/22, effective 6/18/22. WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-145-2065, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18. Statutory Authority: Chapters 13.34 and 74.13 RCW, RCW 74.15.030(2), 74.15.311(2), 74.13.032, 13.04.011, 74.13.020, 13.34.030, 74.13.031, 13.34.145, 74.15.311, 74.15.030, and 2013 c 105. WSR 15-01-069, § 388-145-2065, filed 12/11/14, effective 1/11/15.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group