9.95.340  <<  9.95.350 >>   9.95.360

Assistance for parolees, work release, and discharged prisonersUse and accounting of funds or property.

All money or other property paid or delivered to a community corrections officer or employee of the department of corrections by or for the benefit of any discharged prisoner, inmate assigned to a work/training release facility, parolee or persons convicted of a felony and granted probation shall be immediately transmitted to the department of corrections and it shall enter the same upon its books to his or her credit. Such money or other property shall be used only under the direction of the department of corrections.
If such person absconds, the money shall be deposited in the revolving fund created by RCW 9.95.360, and any other property, if not called for within one year, shall be sold by the department of corrections and the proceeds credited to the revolving fund.
If any person, files a claim within five years after the deposit or crediting of such funds, and satisfies the department of corrections that he or she is entitled thereto, the department may make a finding to that effect and may make payment to the claimant in the amount to which he or she is entitled.
This section applies to persons convicted of a felony committed before July 1, 1984.


IntentSeverabilityEffective dates2001 2nd sp.s. c 12: See notes following RCW 71.09.250.
Application2001 2nd sp.s. c 12 §§ 301-363: See note following RCW 9.94A.030.
Effective date1981 c 136: See RCW 72.09.900.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group