74.20.225  <<  74.20.230 >>   74.20.240

Petition for support order by married parent with minor children who are receiving public assistance.

Any married parent with minor children, natural or legally adopted children who is receiving public assistance may apply to the superior court of the county in which such parent resides or in which the spouse may be found for an order upon such spouse, if such spouse is the natural or adoptive mother or father of such children, to provide for such spouse's support and the support of such spouse's minor children by filing in such county a petition setting forth the facts and circumstances upon which such spouse relies for such order. If it appears to the satisfaction of the court that such parent is without funds to employ counsel, the state department of social and health services through the attorney general may file such petition on behalf of such parent. If satisfied that a just cause exists, the court shall direct that a citation issue to the other spouse requiring such spouse to appear at a time set by the court to show cause why an order of support should not be entered in the matter.


Severability1973 1st ex.s. c 154: See note following RCW 2.12.030.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group