74.04.370  <<  74.04.380 >>   74.04.385

Federal and other surplus food commoditiesAgreementsPersonnelFacilitiesCooperation with other agenciesDiscontinuance of program.

The secretary of social and health services, from funds appropriated to the department for such purpose, shall, upon receipt of authorization from the governor, provide for the receiving, warehousing and distributing of federal and other surplus food commodities for the use and assistance of recipients of public assistance or other needy families and individuals certified as eligible to obtain such commodities. The secretary is authorized to enter into such agreements as may be necessary with the federal government or any state agency in order to participate in any program of distribution of surplus food commodities including but not limited to a food stamp or benefit program. The secretary shall hire personnel, establish distribution centers and acquire such facilities as may be required to carry out the intent of this section; and the secretary may carry out any such program as a sole operation of the department or in conjunction or cooperation with any similar program of distribution by private individuals or organizations, any department of the state or any political subdivision of the state.
The secretary shall discontinue such program, or any part thereof, whenever in the determination of the governor such program, or any part thereof, is no longer in the best interest of the state.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group