66.12.070  <<  66.12.110 >>   66.12.120

Duty-free alcoholic beverages for personal use.

A person twenty-one years of age or over may bring into the state from without the United States, free of tax and markup, for his or her personal or household use such alcoholic beverages as have been declared and permitted to enter the United States duty free under federal law.
Such entry of alcoholic beverages in excess of that herein provided may be authorized by the board upon payment of an equivalent tax as would be applicable to the purchase of the same or similar liquor at retail in this state. The board must adopt appropriate regulations pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this section. The board may issue a spirits, beer, and wine private club license to a charitable or nonprofit corporation of the state of Washington, the majority of the officers and directors of which are United States citizens and the minority of the officers and directors of which are citizens of the Dominion of Canada, and where the location of the premises for such spirits, beer, and wine private club license is not more than ten miles south of the border between the United States and the province of British Columbia.


SeverabilityEffective date1975 1st ex.s. c 173: See notes following RCW 66.08.050.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group