48.05.030  <<  48.05.040 >>   48.05.045

Certificate of authorityQualifications.

To qualify for and hold a certificate of authority an insurer must:
(1) Be a stock, mutual, or reciprocal insurer of the same general type as may be formed as a domestic insurer under the provisions of chapter 48.06 RCW of this code, but this requirement shall not apply as to domestic mutual property insurers which, as of January 1, 1957, were lawfully transacting insurance on the assessment plan; and
(2) Have capital funds as required by this code, based upon the type and domicile of the insurer and the kinds of insurance proposed to be transacted; and
(3) Transact or propose to transact in this state insurances authorized by its charter, and only such insurance as meets the standards and requirements of this code; and
(4) Fully comply with, and qualify according to, the other provisions of this code.
[ 1957 c 193 § 1; 1947 c 79 § .05.04; Rem. Supp. 1947 § 45.05.04.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group