13.32A.170  <<  13.32A.175 >>   13.32A.177

Out-of-home placementContribution to child's supportEnforcement of order.

In any proceeding in which the court approves an out-of-home placement, the court shall inquire into the ability of parents to contribute to the child's support. If the court finds that the parents are able to contribute to the support of the child, the court shall order them to make such support payments as the court deems equitable. The court may enforce such an order by execution or in any way in which a court of equity may enforce its orders. However, payments shall not be required of a parent who has both opposed the placement and continuously sought reconciliation with, and the return of, the child. All orders entered in a proceeding approving out-of-home placement shall be in compliance with the provisions of RCW 26.23.050.


Short title1995 c 312: See note following RCW 13.32A.010.
Effective date1987 c 435: See RCW 26.23.900.
Severability1981 c 298: See note following RCW 13.32A.040.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group