In the case of a nursing home licensee wanting to replace nursing home beds pursuant to WAC 246-310-044
, the nursing home shall give notice of intent to replace the beds to the department of health.
Notice of the nursing home licensees intent to replace the nursing home beds shall be given to the department a minimum of thirty days prior to initiating the replacement project. Such notices shall be signed by the licensee and include the following:
(1) Documentation that the applicant is the existing licensee at all affected facilities and has operated the beds at all affected facilities for at least one year immediately preceding the replacement exemption request fulfilling the notice requirements of this section;
(2) An affidavit from the applicant that the applicant intends to be the licensee at all affected facilities at the time of project completion. This affidavit shall include a statement that the applicant acknowledges the project can not be completed if the applicant is not the licensee at the time of project completion except as allowed for under the provisions of RCW 70.38.115
(3) In the event the nursing home licensee, as defined by WAC 246-310-010
, is not the nursing home owner, the licensee shall document whether the building owner has a secured interest in the beds.
(a) If the building owner does have a secured interest in the beds, the licensee shall provide a written statement, signed by the building owner, indicating approval of the bed replacement. In the event that the licensee is unable to complete the replacement project, as referenced in RCW 70.38.115
(14), the building owner shall be permitted to complete the project.
(b) If the building owner does not have a secured interest in the beds, the licensee shall provide documentation showing that the building owner has been notified of the proposed project. In the event that the licensee is unable to complete the replacement project, as referenced in RCW 70.38.115
(14), the building owner shall not be permitted to complete the project.
(4) The number of beds currently licensed at each affected facility and the number of licensed beds to be replaced at each affected facility;
(5) Geographic location of both the existing nursing home beds and the proposed replacement beds;
(6) Documentation that the nursing home beds being replaced will not be used for nursing home services once the replacement beds are licensed;
(7) A projected timeline for completion of the project; and
(8) Estimated capital expenditure. (This figure will be used by department of social and health services as part of the rate calculation.)
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.38
RCW. WSR 98-17-099, § 246-310-397, filed 8/19/98, effective 9/19/98; WSR 96-24-052, § 246-310-397, filed 11/27/96, effective 12/28/96.]