(1) Except as provided by subsection (2) of this section, state agencies shall locate all existing and new servers in the state data center.
(2) State agencies with a service requirement that requires servers to be located outside the state data center must receive a waiver from the office. Waivers must be based upon written justification from the requesting state agency citing specific service or performance requirements for locating servers outside the state's common platform.
(3) The office, in consultation with the office of financial management, shall continue to develop the business plan and migration schedule for moving all state agencies into the state data center.
(4) The legislature and the judiciary, which are constitutionally recognized as separate branches of government, may enter into an interagency agreement with the office to migrate its servers into the state data center.
(5) This section does not apply to institutions of higher education.
Effective date—2015 3rd sp.s. c 1 §§ 101-109, 201-224, 406-408, 410, 501-507, 601, and 602:
See note following RCW 43.105.007
Effective date—Purpose—2011 1st sp.s. c 43:
See notes following RCW 43.19.003