HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
314-68-020  <<  314-68-030 >>   314-68-040

PDFWAC 314-68-030

How much alcoholic beverages can a private individual bring into the state of Washington for personal or household use?

Do Not Have to Pay Tax and Markup
Must Pay Tax and Markup
Bringing from inside the U.S.
2 liters of spirits or wine or 288 ounces of beer, no more than once per calendar month.
An amount above 2 liters of spirits or wine or 288 ounces of beer during one calendar month.
Bringing from outside the U.S.
The amount that has been declared and permitted to enter the United States duty free under federal law.
An amount in excess of that permitted by federal law.
Individuals moving into the state or receiving alcoholic beverages through inheritance or estate settlements will be allowed a one-time exemption from payment of tax and markup.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and 66.12.120. WSR 99-10-066, § 314-68-030, filed 5/4/99, effective 6/4/99; Order 40, § 314-68-030, Rule 136, filed 8/21/75.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group