HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
296-150M-0530  <<  296-150M-0540 >>   296-150M-0550

PDFWAC 296-150M-0540

How do I obtain a fire safety certificate to site my pre-HUD home?

In order to install a pre-HUD home in Washington, you will need to obtain and pass an inspection by the department. To apply for a fire safety certificate, you must:
(1) Complete an alteration permit form and a fire safety certificate application. We will provide you the forms on request.
(2) A fire safety preinspection checklist can be obtained at your local labor and industries office or on the web at
(3) Submit the completed forms to the department, with the inspection fee and the site placement form. (See WAC 296-150M-3000, Manufactured/mobile home fees.)
(4) Any other alterations to the home that have not been previously inspected and approved by the department will cause the approval of this inspection to be denied. A permit and inspection will need to be completed for these alterations before approval of the fire safety certificate is issued.
(5) Once we approve the inspection, we will provide you with a completed alteration permit and fire safety certificate.
After the home has been sited, any subsequent move will require a separate fire safety certificate. RCW 46.44.170.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.22 RCW. WSR 16-01-163, § 296-150M-0540, filed 12/22/15, effective 2/1/16. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.22 RCW and 2005 c 399. WSR 05-24-020, § 296-150M-0540, filed 11/29/05, effective 1/1/06.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group