HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
246-490-075  <<  246-490-080 >>   246-490-081

PDFWAC 246-490-080

Delayed birth certificateRequesting registration.

(1) An interested person may request registration of a live birth that occurred in Washington state when no birth record is found on file with the department.
(2) Interested person means:
(a) A person registering his or her own birth if age eighteen or older; or
(b) The parent(s) or guardian(s) if the person who is the subject of the delayed birth certificate is under age eighteen.
(3) An interested person shall obtain a letter from the department stating no record was found on file before requesting a delayed birth certificate.
(4) By requesting a delayed birth certificate, the requestor is attesting to the fact that no birth record is on file with another jurisdiction and the person was born in Washington state.
(5) A request for registration of a delayed birth certificate must include:
(a) A completed delayed birth certificate form signed by the requestor;
(b) Documentary evidence required by WAC 246-490-081;
(c) A copy of the no record found letter required in subsection (3) of this section;
(d) Fee(s) as required by RCW 70.58.107 if requesting certified copies of the delayed birth certificate.
(6) A delayed registration of birth is not required for a child under the age of four if the attending physician or midwife is available and registers the birth with the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.150, 70.58.082. WSR 15-19-058, § 246-490-080, filed 9/11/15, effective 11/1/15.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group