65.12.710  <<  65.12.720 >>   65.12.730

Proceeding to change records.

No erasure, alteration, or amendment shall be made upon the register of titles after the entry of the certificate of title, or a memorial thereon, and the attestation of the same by the registrar of titles, except by order of the court. Any registered owner, or other person in interest, may at any time apply by petition to the court, on the ground that registered interests of any description, whether vested, contingent, expectant, or inchoate, have determined and ceased; or that new interests have arisen or been created, which do not appear upon the certificate; or that an error, omission, or mistake was made in entering the certificate; or any memorial thereon, or any duplicate certificate; or that the name of any person on the certificate has been changed; or that the registered owner has been married, or if registered, has married, that the marriage has been terminated, or that a corporation which owned registered land has been dissolved, and has not conveyed the same within three years after its dissolution; or upon any other reasonable ground; and the court shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine the petition after such notice as it may order, to all parties in interest, and may order the entry of a new certificate, the entry or cancellation of a memorial upon a certificate, or grant any other relief upon such terms and conditions, requiring security if necessary, as it may deem proper: PROVIDED, HOWEVER, That this section shall not be construed to give the court authority to open the original decree of registration, and that nothing shall be done or ordered by the court which shall impair the title or other interest of the purchaser, holding a certificate for value and in good faith, or his or her heirs or assigns, without his or her or their written consent.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group