57.16.100  <<  57.16.110 >>   57.16.140

Segregation of assessmentProcedure.

Whenever any land against which there has been levied any special assessment by any district shall have been sold in part or divided, the board of commissioners of the district shall have the power to order a segregation of the assessment.
Any person desiring to have a special assessment against a tract of land segregated to apply to smaller parts thereof shall apply to the board of commissioners of the district that levied the assessment. If the commissioners determine that a segregation should be made, they shall by resolution order the treasurer of the county in which the real property is located to make segregation on the original assessment roll as directed in the resolution. The segregation shall be made as nearly as possible on the same basis as the original assessment was levied, and the total of the segregated parts of the assessment shall equal the assessment before segregation. The resolution shall describe the original tract and the amount and date of the original assessment, and shall define the boundaries of the divided parts and the amount of the assessment chargeable to each part. A certified copy of the resolution shall be delivered to the treasurer of the county in which the real property is located who shall proceed to make the segregation. The board of commissioners may require as a condition to the order of segregation that the person seeking it pay the district the reasonable engineering and clerical costs incident to making the segregation.


Part headings not law1999 c 153: See note following RCW 57.04.050.
Part headings not lawEffective date1996 c 230: See notes following RCW 57.02.001.
Segregation duties of county treasurer: RCW 36.29.160.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group