WASHCAP means the Washington State Combined Application Project.
(1) WASHCAP is a simplified food benefits program for most single supplemental security income (SSI) recipients. Unless specifically stated in this WAC chapter, WASHCAP food benefits follow all the program requirements of the Basic Food program as described under WAC 388-400-0040
(2) The Social Security Administration (SSA) asks you if you want to get food benefits when you apply for SSI in Washington state.
(3) If you meet the requirements of WAC 388-492-0030
, you will get WASHCAP food benefits unless you can choose Basic Food benefits under WAC 388-492-0040
(4) If you are eligible for WASHCAP food benefits under WAC 388-492-0030
, SSA electronically sends us the information we need to open your WASHCAP food benefits.
(5) WASHCAP food benefits begin the first month after the month you apply and are eligible for ongoing SSI.
(6) You do not have to go to your local community services office (CSO) to apply for WASHCAP.
(7) If you want Basic Food benefits before WASHCAP food benefits begin, you can apply:
(a) By contacting the customer service center (CSC) at 1- 877-501-2233
(b) Over the internet;
(c) At any community services office (CSO);
(d) At any home and community services office (HCS); or
(e) At any Social Security Administration (SSA) office.
(8) If you get Basic Food benefits, these benefits will continue:
(a) Through the end of your certification period; or
(b) Through the month before your WASHCAP food benefits start.
(9) While you get WASHCAP food benefits, you must report all changes to SSA.
(10) You do not have to report changes to your WASHCAP worker. See WAC 388-492-0080
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.500, 74.08.090, 74.08A.903, and 7 C.F.R. 273.23. WSR 10-23-115, § 388-492-0020, filed 11/17/10, effective 12/18/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050
, 74.04.055, 74.04.057, 74.04.510, 74.08.090. WSR 04-23-026, § 388-492-0020, filed 11/8/04, effective 12/9/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.57 [74.04.057], 74.04.500, 74.04.510. WSR 02-15-148, § 388-492-0020, filed 7/22/02, effective 9/1/02; WSR 01-21-058, § 388-492-0020, filed 10/16/01, effective 12/1/01.]