Availability of public records.
(1) Hours for inspection of records. Public records are available for inspection and copying during normal business hours of the Washington state patrol; 8:00 a.m. to noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. Records must be inspected at the offices of the Washington state patrol.
(2) Records index.
An index of public records is available for use by members of the public. The index includes a list of current manuals of the Washington state patrol, a current list of laws, other than those listed in chapter 42.56
RCW, that exempts or prohibits disclosure of specific information or records, and current Washington Administrative Code
agency rules. The index may be accessed online at www.wsp.wa.gov/
, or at any public Washington state patrol office.
(3) Organization of records. The Washington state patrol shall maintain its records in a reasonably organized manner. The Washington state patrol shall take reasonable actions to protect records from damage and disorganization. A requestor shall not take Washington state patrol records from Washington state patrol offices without the permission of the public records officer or designee. Records may be available on the Washington state patrol web site at www.wsp.wa.gov/. Requestors are encouraged to view the documents available on the web site prior to submitting a records request.
(4) Making a request for public records.
(a) Any person wishing to inspect or obtain copies of public records of the Washington state patrol shall make the request in writing using the Washington state patrol request form, or by letter, fax, or email addressed to the public records officer. Each request should include the following information:
• Name of requestor;
• Address of requestor;
• Other contact information, including telephone number and/or any email address; and
• Identification of the public records adequate for the public records officer or designee to locate the records.
(b) If the requestor wishes to inspect rather than obtain copies of records, they shall indicate this preference in their request. Pursuant to WAC 446-10-090
, standard photocopies shall be provided at fifteen cents per page, plus postage.
(c) A form is available for use by requestors online at www.wsp.wa.gov/.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 42.56.040
[42.56.570]. WSR 07-04-039, § 446-10-050, filed 1/30/07, effective 3/2/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 42.17.250
. WSR 79-04-037 (Order 79-2), § 446-10-050, filed 3/23/79.]