Student conduct committee.
(1) The student conduct committee shall consist of five members:
(a) Two full-time students appointed by the student government;
(b) Two faculty members appointed by the president;
(c) One administrative staff member (other than an administrator serving as a student conduct or conduct review officer) appointed by the president at the beginning of the academic year.
(2) The administrative staff member shall serve as the chair of the committee and may take action on preliminary hearing matters prior to convening the committee. The chair shall receive annual training on protecting victims and promoting accountability in cases involving allegations of sexual misconduct.
(3) Hearings may be heard by a quorum of three members of the committee so long as one faculty member and one student are included on the hearing panel. Committee action may be taken upon a majority vote of all committee members attending the hearing.
(4) Members of the student conduct committee shall not participate in any case in which they are a party, complainant, or witness, in which they have direct or personal interest, prejudice, or bias, or in which they have acted previously in an advisory capacity. Any party may petition for disqualification of a committee member pursuant to RCW 34.05.425
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140
(13) and P.L. 113-4. WSR 14-24-129, § 132J-126-180, filed 12/3/14, effective 1/3/15.]