Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Petroleum product" means plant condensate, lubricating oil, gasoline, aviation fuel, kerosene, diesel motor fuel, benzol, fuel oil, residual oil, and every other product derived from the refining of crude oil, but the term does not include crude oil or liquefiable gases.
(2) "Possession" means the control of a petroleum product located within this state and includes both actual and constructive possession. "Actual possession" occurs when the person with control has physical possession. "Constructive possession" occurs when the person with control does not have physical possession. "Control" means the power to sell or use a petroleum product or to authorize the sale or use by another.
(3) "Previously taxed petroleum product" means a petroleum product in respect to which a tax has been paid under this chapter and that has not been remanufactured or reprocessed in any manner (other than mere repackaging or recycling for beneficial reuse) since the tax was paid.
(4) "Rack" means a mechanism for delivering petroleum products from a refinery or terminal into a truck, trailer, railcar, or other means of nonbulk transfer. For the purposes of this definition:
(b) "Nonbulk transfer" means a transfer that does not meet the definition of "bulk transfer" as defined in RCW * 82.36.010
(5) "Wholesale value" means fair market wholesale value, determined as nearly as possible according to the wholesale selling price at the place of use of similar products of like quality and character, in accordance with rules of the department.
(6) Except for terms defined in this section, the definitions in chapters 82.04
, 82.08, and 82.12
RCW apply to this chapter.
*(1) Chapter 82.36
RCW was repealed in its entirety by 2013 c 225 § 501, effective July 1, 2016.
(2) Pursuant to RCW 43.135.041
, chapter 3, Laws of 2012 1st special session was subject to an advisory vote of the people in the November 2012 general election on whether the tax increase in such session law should be maintained or repealed. The advisory vote was in favor of repeal.