The action, order, or decision of the board as to any denial of an application for the reissuance of a permit or license or as to any revocation, suspension, or modification of any permit or license must be an adjudicative proceeding and subject to the applicable provisions of chapter 34.05
(1) An opportunity for a hearing may be provided an applicant for the reissuance of a permit or license prior to the disposition of the application, and if no such opportunity for a prior hearing is provided then an opportunity for a hearing to reconsider the application must be provided the applicant.
(2) An opportunity for a hearing must be provided a permittee or licensee prior to a revocation or modification of any permit or license and, except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, prior to the suspension of any permit or license.
(3) No hearing may be required until demanded by the applicant, permittee, or licensee.
(4) The board may summarily suspend a license or permit for a period of up to one hundred eighty days without a prior hearing if it finds that public health, safety, or welfare imperatively require emergency action, and it incorporates a finding to that effect in its order. Proceedings for revocation or other action must be promptly instituted and determined. An administrative law judge may extend the summary suspension period for up to one calendar year in the event the proceedings for revocation or other action cannot be completed during the initial one hundred eighty day period due to actions by the licensee or permittee. The board's enforcement division must complete a preliminary staff investigation of the violation before requesting an emergency suspension by the board.
(5) The issues that may be considered at a hearing to contest a suspension of a license or the denial of an application for a new license or renewal of an existing license, under RCW 66.24.010
(3)(c), do not include the right to challenge the amount of any spirits taxes assessed against the licensee or applicant by the department of revenue. For purposes of this subsection, "spirits taxes" has the same meaning as in RCW 82.08.155
Construction—Effective date—2012 c 39:
See notes following RCW 82.08.155
Effective date—1989 c 175:
See note following RCW 34.05.010