Unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the definitions in this section shall apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Energy equipment and services" means energy management systems and any equipment, materials, or supplies that are expected, upon installation, to reduce the energy use or energy cost of an existing building or facility, and the services associated with the equipment, materials, or supplies, including but not limited to design, engineering, financing, installation, project management, guarantees, operations, and maintenance. Reduction in energy use or energy cost may also include reductions in the use or cost of water, wastewater, or solid waste.
(2) "Energy management system" has the definition provided in RCW 39.35.030.
(3) "Municipality" has the definition provided in RCW 39.04.010.
(4) "Performance-based contract" means one or more contracts for water conservation services, solid waste reduction services, or energy equipment and services between a municipality and any other persons or entities, if the payment obligation for each year under the contract, including the year of installation, is either: (a) Set as a percentage of the annual energy cost savings, water cost savings, or solid waste cost savings attributable under the contract; or (b) guaranteed by the other persons or entities to be less than the annual energy cost savings, water cost savings, or solid waste cost savings attributable under the contract. Such guarantee shall be, at the option of the municipality, a bond or insurance policy, or some other guarantee determined sufficient by the municipality to provide a level of assurance similar to the level provided by a bond or insurance policy.
(5) "Water conservation" means reductions in the use of water or wastewater.
[2007 c 39 § 2; 2001 c 214 § 18; 1985 c 169 § 2.]
| Severability -- Effective date -- 2001 c 214: See notes following RCW 80.50.010.|
Findings -- 2001 c 214: See note following RCW 39.35.010.