Detailed Legislative Reports Account Help
Creating an Account
Before using personalized
features of Detailed Legislative Reports, you must create
an account. This account will be used to store your custom settings for the website, offering a more personalized experience.
- At the Login screen, click the Register hyperlink to create a new account.
- Click in the User Name field and type a name you wish to use. User names need to be at least six characters.
- Click in the e-mail Address field, type your e-mail address, then press Tab.
- Retype your e-mail address for confirmation, then click Submit. A computer generated password will
be sent to your e-mail address that you will be able to use to login.
- Click OK when you receive
notification that your account was successfully submitted.
- Check your e-mail account for an e-mail message from
the system containing your password.
- Open the message and copy the password by highlighting the password, then
clicking Edit, Copy.
- Click the Click here to log in hyperlink to return to the system.
- Type your user name in the User Name field, then press Tab.
- Paste your password in the Password field by pressing Ctrl+V.
If you prefer, you can click the Remember me check
box to have the user name and password fields completed automatically.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will be prompted to change your password to something that you prefer.
Press Ctrl+V to paste the system password in the Current Password field,
then press Tab.
- Type a new password for your account in the New Password field.
Passwords must be at least six characters and can contain a mixture of letters
and numbers. Press Tab.
- Type your new password again to confirm it, then click Save.