These documents are currently being revised to incorporate the changes made during the 2024 Legislative Session. Please consult the Sections Affected Table for changes made during the 2024 Legislative Session.

73.04.115  <<  73.04.120 >>   73.04.130

Documents available for freeWho may request.

County clerks and county auditors, respectively, are authorized and directed to furnish free of charge to the legal representative, surviving spouse or surviving domestic partner, child or parent of any deceased veteran certified copies of marriage certificates, decrees of dissolution of marriage or domestic partnership, or annulment, or other documents contained in their files and to record and issue, free of charge, certified copies of such documents from other states, territories, or foreign countries affecting the marital status of such veteran whenever any such document shall be required in connection with any claim pending before the United States veterans' bureau or other governmental agency administering benefits to war veterans. Where these same documents are required of service personnel of the armed forces of the United States for determining entitlement to family allowances and other benefits, they shall be provided without charge by county clerks and county auditors upon request of the person in the service or his or her dependents.


Part headings not lawSeverability2008 c 6: See RCW 26.60.900 and 26.60.901.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group