Senate Committee Sign In
Instructions on how to connect to the meeting: InstructionsHow to Register to Testify in a Committee Hearing
- Select the committee name and meeting date and time, then select the bill for which you would like to testify.
- Select “I would like to Testify Live During the Hearing.” Testimony registration will close 1 hour before the start time of the hearing. Anyone who does not register before this deadline will be unable to testify before the committee.
- Ensure your registration information is accurate. It will be a part of the legislative record and used by TVW for online and television graphics.
- Registration opens when a bill is scheduled for public hearing.
- Those who have registered for remote testimony will be emailed a link to the meeting. Each link is unique to the registrant. Registrants are prohibited from sharing links.
- You may participate via videoconference or phone. See instructions above on how to connect to the meeting.
- Be advised: Registering to testify does not guarantee you a chance to speak or speak at specific times. Time constraints, technical issues, changes to committee schedules, etc. could affect your ability to testify.
- You will be connected to the Zoom Webinar meeting in attendee view until you are called to speak.
- The committee Chair may limit public testimony (for example, one minute per testifier) due to time constraints. Be prepared to testify at any point during the hearing.
- Maintain proper committee protocol, which includes waiting to be acknowledged by the committee Chair before speaking, ensuring testimony and any objects appearing in the background of video feeds are respectful and professional, and following rules for testimony established by the Chair. Testifiers may include the name of their organization in a Zoom background, but Zoom backgrounds that include a slogan or any other material, including material that is campaign-related, offensive, or otherwise defamatory, will not be permitted.
- Legislative committee and technical staff are unable to assist with any individual connection, Zoom link, or other technical issue you may experience. Please see instructions document for tips on how to address any common link or other technical issues.
Anyone who fails to follow the rules for testimony established by the committee Chair forfeits their opportunity to testify.How to State Your Position on a Bill Without Testifying
- Select the committee and meeting date and time, then select the bill for which you would like to register.
- Select “I would like my position noted for the legislative record.” Registration will close 1 hour before the start time of the hearing.
- Ensure your registration information is accurate. Your registered position will be made available to legislative members and staff of the committee, and will be included in the legislative record for bill and meeting archival purposes, but will not be used as part of testimony summary materials on the bill report.
- Select the committee name and meeting date and time, then select the bill for which you would like to submit written testimony.
- Select “I would like to Submit Written Testimony.” Written testimony will close 24 hours after the start time of the hearing.
- Provide your written comments in the form. Your comments will be made available to legislative members and staff of the committee, and will be included in the legislative record for bill and meeting archival purposes, but will not be used as part of testimony summary materials on the bill report.
If you require an accommodation to testify before a committee, please refer to options on the Legislature’s Americans with Disabilities Act Information https://leg.wa.gov/legislature/pages/adainfo.aspx page.