HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
Beginning of Chapter  <<  388-454-0005 >>   388-454-0006

PDFWAC 388-454-0005

Can I get TANF or SFA benefits for the child living with me?

(1) You can get temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) or state family assistance (SFA) for a child you live with if you are responsible for the care and control of the child and you are the child's:
(a) Parent or other relative as defined in WAC 388-454-0010;
(b) Court-ordered guardian or court-ordered custodian; or
(c) Other adult acting in loco parentis (in the place of a parent).
(2) If a child lives with more than one relative or parent because the relatives share custody of the child:
(a) We include the child in the assistance unit (AU) of the parent or relative that the child lives with for the majority of the time; or
(b) If relatives share physical custody of the child in equal amounts, we include the child in the AU of the parent or relative that first applies for assistance for the child.
(3) If you or the child in your AU is temporarily absent from the home according to WAC 388-454-0015 and 388-454-0020, you can still get TANF or SFA during the absence.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.057, 2000 2nd sp.s. c 1. WSR 01-03-121, § 388-454-0005, filed 1/22/01, effective 3/1/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.04.050, 74.04.055, 74.04.057 and 74.08.090. WSR 98-16-044, § 388-454-0005, filed 7/31/98, effective 9/1/98.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group