HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-14A-7345  <<  388-14A-7400 >>   388-14A-7500

PDFWAC 388-14A-7400

What can I do if I want to contest an intergovernmental order to withhold income served on my employer?

(1) RCW 26.21A.425 provides that a noncustodial parent (NCP) may contest the validity or enforcement of an income-withholding order issued by an Indian tribe or another state or country and received directly by an employer in this state.
(2) Acting as an administrative tribunal under chapter 26.21A RCW, the division of child support (DCS) does not have the authority to quash income-withholding orders.
(3) An NCP who seeks to contest an income-withholding order as described in subsection (1) must seek relief in the superior court under RCW 26.18.140.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.23.120, 34.05.350 (1)(b), 43.20A.550, 74.04.055, 74.08.090, 74.20.040(9), 74.20A.310 and 45 C.F.R. Parts 301.1, 302.36, 303.7, 303.11, 305.63, and 308.2. WSR 13-01-075, § 388-14A-7400, filed 12/18/12, effective 1/18/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220(2), 43.20A.550, 74.04.055, 74.08.090, 74.20.040, 74.20A.310. WSR 07-08-055, § 388-14A-7400, filed 3/29/07, effective 4/29/07.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group