HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-14A-4303  <<  388-14A-4304 >>   388-14A-4500

PDFWAC 388-14A-4304

What happens if the judge determines that I have paid too much for day care and special expenses?

(1) If at a hearing under WAC 388-14A-4303, the administrative law judge (ALJ) decides that the custodial parent (CP) has not incurred costs in the amount paid by the noncustodial parent (NCP), any ordered overpayment reimbursement may be applied as an offset to any nonassistance child support arrears owed by the NCP on that case only. If there is no nonassistance debt owed on the case, the reimbursement must be in the form of a credit against the NCP's future child support obligation:
(a) Spread equally over one 12-month period starting the month after the administrative order becomes final; or
(b) When the future support obligation will end under the terms of the order in less than 12 months, spread equally over the life of the order; or
(c) With the consent of the CP, in the form of a direct reimbursement by the CP to the NCP.
(2) The NCP may not pay more than his or her proportionate share of day care or other special child rearing expenses in advance and then deduct the overpayment from future support transfer payments unless:
(a) Specifically agreed to by the CP; and
(b) Specifically agreed to in writing by DCS for periods when the CP or the dependent child receives public assistance.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 26.23.035, 26.23.110, and 34.05.220. WSR 22-18-035, § 388-14A-4304, filed 8/29/22, effective 10/1/22. Statutory Authority: RCW 26.19.080, 34.05.220, 74.08.090, 74.20A.310. WSR 05-07-087, § 388-14A-4304, filed 3/16/05, effective 4/16/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 34.05.220, 26.23.035, 74.20A.310. WSR 01-03-089, § 388-14A-4304, filed 1/17/01, effective 2/17/01. Formerly WAC 388-14-376.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group